Propel your career with CRISC certification and build greater understanding of the impact of IT risk and how it relates to your organisation.
CRISC is now one of the most highly sought-after qualifications. It is the only certification that prepares and enables IT professionals for the unique challenges of IT and enterprise risk management, and positions them to become strategic partners to the enterprise.
Established in 2010, it has already been earned by nearly 17,000 professionals worldwide and was named Gold Winner for Best Professional Certification Program at the SC Magazine 2013 Awards.
This three day CRISC course has been designed to comprehensively cover the full CRISC syllabus and to prepare you for a first-time pass in the CRISC exam.
CRISC awarded Best Professional Certification Program
San Fancisco, 27 February 2013
“SC Magazine is proud to recognize ISACA as a leader in the information security industry,” said Illena Armstrong, vice president of editorial, SC Magazine. “ISACA’s certification program is a great model for the entire information security industry.”The 2013 SC Awards winners are chosen by a panel of security professionals from the private and public sector, selected by SC Magazine’s editorial team for their information security leadership and knowledge. The panel conducted in-depth analysis and considered many factors such as applicable research, analyst reports and reviews to narrow down the field of hundreds of submissions to the top finalists. Through this comprehensive analysis, ISACA’s CRISC certification was chosen as this year’s winner in the Best Professional Certification Program category.
The annual SC Awards, now in its 16th year, showcase the leading solutions, services, certifications and professionals. SC Magazine distinguishes the achievements of the security professionals in the field, the innovations happening in the vendor and service provider communities, and the important work of government, commercial and nonprofit organizations.
SC 2013 Awards Finalists
For organisations, employing CRISC professionals brings great benefits such as
- Build greater understanding about the impact of it risk and how it relates to the overall organisation;
- Assure development of more effective plans to mitigate risk; &
- Establish a common perspective and language about it risk that can set the standard for the enterprise
With a growing demand for professionals with risk and control skills, it is a great time to gain a globally recognised certification in this field. Becoming CRISC certified will:
- Demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in risk management.
- Increase your value within your organisation.
- Provide a gateway to more strategic level roles.
- Maintain your high level of professionalism through continuing professional education.
Who should attend
The CRISC certification is designed for:
- IT professionals
- Risk professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Project managers
- Control professionals
- Business analysts
This 3-days CRISC exam preparation course provides intensive revision across all 4 CRISC job practice domains.
Domain 1 — Risk Management
- Collect and review environmental risk data
- Identify potential vulnerabilities to people, processes and assets
- Develop IT scenarios based on information and potential impact to the organisation
- Identify key stakeholders for risk scenarios
- Establish risk register
- Gain senior leadership and stakeholder approval of the risk plan
- Collaborate to create a risk awareness program and conduct training
Domain 2 – IT Risk Assessment
- Analyse risk scenarios to determine likelihood and impact
- Identify current state of risk controls and their effectiveness
- Determine gaps between the current state of risk controls and the desired state
- Ensure risk ownership is assigned at the appropriate level
- Communicate risk assessment data to senior management and appropriate stakeholders
- Update the risk register with risk assessment data
Domain 3 – Risk Response and Mitigation
- Align risk responses with business objectives
- Develop, consult with and assist risk owners with development risk action plans
- Ensure risk mitigation controls are managed to acceptable levels
- Ensure control ownership is appropriately assigned to establish accountability
- Develop and document control procedures for effective control
- Update the risk register
- Validate that risk responses are executed according to risk action plans
Domain 4 – Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting
- Risk and control monitoring and reporting
- Define key risk indicators (KRIs) and identify key performance indicators (KPIs) to enable performance measurement
- Determine the effectiveness of control assessments
- Identify and report trends/changes to KRIs/KPIs that affect control performance or the risk profile
Final Session - CRISC Sample Exam Questions
Face-to-face classroom training
CRISC® Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
|CRISC 3-day course alone
||$2,581 + gst
|CRISC exam (optional, see below)
||$759 + gst
|CRISC course + exam
||$3,340 + gst
25th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL PROMOTION PRICE - $2505 + gst
SAVE 25% off normal price $3340 + gst
Course fees include:
- 3 days course presentation in quality CBD hotel
- Comprehensive course workbook
- Official ISACA CRISC Review Manual
- 12-month online access to Official ISACA CRISC Review Questions, Answers and Explanations Manual
- Sample Practice Questions and Answer Key Sample Practice Tests
- Full catering including sit-down lunch each day
The CRISC Exam
The CRISC exam is set, conducted and marked by ISACA. All exams will be conducted online via computer-based testing centres around the world.
Exam vouchers via ALC
You can book your CRISC exam direct with ISACA (see below) or else you can purchase an exam voucher via ALC (we are an ISACA Accredited Channel Partner) and have both course and exam on the one invoice.
If you want to purchase via ALC please make sure, when making your online registration, that you indicate "CRISC Course + Exam" in the COMMENTS field and that you choose the PAY BY INVOICE option (do not select the PAY BY CARD option).
The voucher will be issued to you at the end of the course together with full instructions as to how to register for the exam. Please note that the actual exam registration is done direct with ISACA using the voucher code issued to you.
For more information on how to register for an ISACA exam, please refer to the exams page on the ISACA website.