SAFe®, the Scaled Agile Framework®, is a knowledge base of proven, integrated principles, practices and competencies for Lean, Agile and DevOps. SAFe guides enterprises in scaling lean and agile practices and promotes alignment, collaboration and delivery across large numbers of agile teams. Developed by practitioners, SAFe leverages three primary bodies of knowledge: agile software development, lean product development, and systems thinking.
SAFe is designed to manage longer planning horizons. Whereas development teams typically work to two to three iterations ahead, larger organisations need to plan much further. Often they work with a very high level, 12 to 18-month roadmap, then plan collaboratively with the teams for three months of work.
The Leading SAFe® 4.6 course
This course is designed to provide attendees with the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI (Program Increment) planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions.
The class prepares participants to take the Certified SAFe® Agilist exam.
- Interpret the basic constructs of SAFe and the steps of the Implementation Roadmap
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Use transformational leadership to drive change, develop people, and encourage innovation
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive continuous value delivery through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
Who should attend
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Creating high-performing teams and programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
Face-to-face classroom training
Leading SAFe 4.6
The fee includes:
- Course workbook
- Preparation and voucher to take the SAFe® 4.6 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Full catering including proper sit-down lunch each day
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, if you are intending to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam it is recommended that you have prior experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management, Scrum
- Name: SAFe 4 Agilist Exam
- Format: Multiple Choice - 45 Questions
- Pass Score: 34 out of 45 (76%)
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
- Timing: Exam to be taken within 30 days of course completion
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs): Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Annual Renewal: Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned. Renewal Fee applies.